I own the Sony Xperia Z2 and since the day of the announcement of Android 5.0 Lollipop by Google, I have been waiting for the update for my smartphone desperately. But Sony has been too slow compared to other OEMs in releasing the update for its flagship devices but not any more.
Sony has now announced that the company has started the roll out of the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update for its Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact smartphones. The update will start rolling out starting from Nordics and Baltics and then eventually reach other markets.
With this, the update for other Z-series smartphones is expected to start rolling out within 2-weeks time.
The change-log for the Sony Xperia Z3 and Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Android 5.0 Lollipop update is as follows:
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
- Better storage control and customization – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space.
If you are a Sony Xperia Z3 or Xperia Z3 Compact owner, then go to Settings–> About Phone –> Software Update to check if the Lollipop update is available for you or not.